Bulk Terminal Management System
Inventory management and transloading of bulk commodities is unlike any other. Implementation of commercial off-the-shelf inventory management systems is rarely successful in handling the unique requirements of this business. iDock was developed specifically as a “Bulk Terminal Management System” providing all the features and functionality required to manage a Bulk Terminal operation – be it an open stockyard, flat shed or a silo complex. Intrinsic within the software are features that allow terminal operators to manage various commodities such as coal, ores, aggregates, biomass, fertilizers, animal feeds, grain & other agricultural products as well as discrete products such as steel-coils, plates & bars, tin & pig iron.
Why iDock® ?
Designed for Dry Bulk Terminals from the ground up
- iDock was designed & developed specifically for managing physical commerce at dry bulk terminals.
- Flexible data model designed to handle the complexities of the physical business coupled with powerful algorithms that leverage linear programming and statistical methods.
- Ability to monitor and report up-to-the-minute data on inventory by customer by stockpile & product and track the entire revenue cycle of dock operations.
Ease of Use
- Superior usability and performance
- Users can personalize views and menus to suit their individual preference
- Comprehensive Reporting and Analytics capabilities that provide management a bird’s eye view of the business.
Robust Technology Stack & Data Security
- Multi-tier and component based architecture that is flexible, secure and scalable.
- Architecture allows both client application based access for Intranet users and optional web-enabled “Anytime Anywhere” access for associates on the go from any device – notebook, tablet or smart-phone.
- Robust and secure data model with customizable role based access and logging for audits and traceability.
- Allows integration with third party systems such as ERP, Accounting and other downstream systems.
Significantly Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Leverages open source technologies to reduce total cost of ownership significantly over comparable solutions.
- Application has a light system footprint and can be deployed on even a small workstation or a server depending on your transaction volume, keeping deployment costs low.
The Business case for iDock®
Choosing iDock® as your Terminal management solution can result in significant cost savings and increase revenues delivering a fast return on your investment dollars. iDock® achieves this in the following ways:
- Increased situational awareness resulting is lower demurrage, less pilferage & material loss.
- Reduces operating & administrative costs by increasing efficiency & productivity.
- Increases revenue by allowing higher throughput.
- Increases customer satisfaction and loyalty due to error free and transparent billing.
- Increases opportunities for added revenue by offering value added services to client. such as historical reports and analytics.
Because of the robust technical architecture of iDock®, the cost of deploying and maintaining the software is much lower than other off the shelf products in the market-place. Add to that the extremely affordable licensing cost and in iDock® you have a platform that is easy on your pocket books and the cost benefit analysis makes for a compelling business case.
Most iDock® clients have realized payback on their investment dollars within 18-24 months.
A. Transactions Overview
B. Truck Scale Integration
To know more about the powerful features of iDock® or any of our other products, give us a call today.